Crepe Paper Flowers
I originally made these Crepe Paper Flowers for the Teacher Lounge at my kids school during Teacher Appreciation Week. Basically, there’s zero money to decorate a Teacher Lounge so we really had to brainstorm what we could make and we discovered Crepe Paper is cheap and goes a long way. I never knew there was like a million ways to use Crepe Paper until Pinterest came around either. Heck, I was still calling them Streamers. It’s now one of my favorite things .
How to make Crepe Paper Flowers:
- Punch a circle out of scrapbook paper to match your Crepe Paper color.
- Cover the circle in hot glue
- Keeping the Crepe Paper grain out, start adhering and overlapping the paper around the edge of the circle.
- Keep overlapping the Crepe Paper by adding more hot glue as needed until your happy with the flower layers.
- Snip off the end of the Crepe Paper at a diagonal.
- Scrunch flower to add fullness to the layers.
- Hot glue a button or another embellishment to the center of the flower.
- Adhere a bamboo skewer on to the back of the flower, underneath the circle.
- Hand cut leaves if desired.
These Crepe Paper Flowers turned out so pretty and are perfect to make as a quick decoration! The flowers can be made in various sizes too depending on the size of the circle base you start with. If you don’t have time to make them now, click to print off step by step instructions for later!
Click on images to view other craft ideas like these Crepe Paper Flowers