This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeSB50Sweeter #CollectiveBias
My two favorite snack foods are candy and popcorn. I especially have a total weakness for popcorn. So, combining my two favorite snack foods in to one recipe to Make Super Bowl 50 Even Sweeter by creating Easy Skittles Popcorn was basically a no brainier on my part.
Easy Skittles Popcorn
Skittles Popcorn recipe is not only easy to make but totally yummy. Each kernel taste just like the Skittles color. Not kidding. Believe me when I say it does too. This job required me to test large batches of each flavors. I definitely consumed a rainbow of colors.
How to make Skittles Popcorn:
- Separate 32 oz of Skittles in to colors. You should have about 1 cup of each color.
- Melt 4 oz of butter and 1/4 cup light corn syrup in a pan.
- Add in one Skittle flavor and stir constantly until Skittles are melted.
- Pour over 10-12 cups of popped Popcorn. I used one whole bag of microwave popcorn per color batch.
- Mix until popcorn is well covered.
- Pour out on to wax paper until cooled.
No matter how easy a recipe may be, it’s all about the presentation. To serve the Skittles Popcorn, I embossed brown paper bags with a Sizzix Big Shot and embossing folders. Brown paper bags are another one of my favorite things. So many possibilities can be made with them. Kraft paper has a special place in my heart.
To make the Popcorn bags ready for a Football party, I wrapped them with green twine and used my Silhouette to cut out football cut files.
Which Skittles Popcorn flavor do you think would be your favorite? Don’t forget to shop Amazon to Make Super Bowl 50 Even Sweeter this year by shopping for your favorite Skittles, Snickers and Starburst candies to help your throw an amazing Super Bowl party! Skittles is also an official sponsor of the NFL Superbowl. Go Team!
Click on images to view other creative ideas: