I just love Rustic Christmas Decorations. The warm, cozy feel of pine cones, tree branches and lots of sparkle can be found around my house during the Holidays.
Rustic Christmas Ornaments
Wrapping Styrofoam balls with Hemp Cord is similar to making yarn balls but requires a lil’ more patience
- Adhere a ribbon loop to Styrofoam Ball using hot glue
- Hot glue one end of hemp cord on to ball.
- Start wrapping cord tightly around ball.
- Wrap cord around ball in various directions until the foam is no longer showing
- When foam ball covered, tuck and hot glue end of cord into ball.
- Hot glue ribbon bow on to ribbon loop.
Hot glue works best to get you started and keeping the cord tight as you wrap is a must. A little extra hot glue along the way helps too. I won’t lie, the ball looks a little funky during the whole process until it’s completely covered. Patience.
To add a little sparkle to my rustic Christmas Ornaments, I made glitter buttons.
- Apply DecoArt Decou-Page on to button.
- Sprinkle DecoArt Glamour Dust over button.
- Shake off excess glitter, let dry.
- Hot glue glitter button on to bow.