Clay Christmas Wreath Ornament
I made this ornament as part of the “Adorable Little Ornament Blog Hop” hosted by Laura Kelly . The challenge was to make a 3″ ornament using Sculpey Clay and buttons. This would be my first time creating with clay…Evah! I’ve never played with clay before unless you count Play-Doh, which I know isn’t clay- duh.
Luckily, I had a generous sampler pack of clay and tools from Sculpey to create with which was very much appreciated due to a few of my clay bomb ideas that occurred. It’s always fun to try new things right, no pressure.
The clay is actually simple and easy to work plus there are so many neat tools to play with too.
How to make a Sculpey Clay Christmas Ornament
- Make a wreath base out of brown clay using circle cutters.
- Use Sculpey Flower & Leaves Mold to mold leaves out of green glitter clay.
- Bake as directed, cool.
- Hot glue leaves on to wreath base.
- Adhere Christmas buttons.
- Attach ribbon.
I’m sorta diggin’ my first clay project. It’ll be a nice addition to our tree this year plus, it’s always good to get out of your crafty comfort zone and try different medias.
Supplies Used to make a Christmas Wreath Ornament:
- Sculpey Premo! Glitter Green
- Sculpey Premo! Brown
- Sculpey Flexible Push Mold
- Buttons Galore Snowflakes Button
- Buttons Galore Classic Red
- Adtech Hot Glue